Sunday 30 March 2014

123 Challenge Blog March Challenge Entry

Hi Everyone,

Here is the March 123 Challenge Blog criteria: 


So Pastels, Dream and Frames.

And here is my entry:


Here are some close ups:  



To create this layout I started with inspiration from Wilna over at 2Peas. this is based on a layout she created. I started by cutting my frames from 300 gsm+ cardstock and cut two of each, enough for four sets of frames. While these were cutting on my Silhouette Cameo, I gesso-ed white cardstock, decided where I wanted my frames and paint runs to be and then created the runs with gouache. I created then one color at a time making sure each was dry before moving on. I love the extra depth that he gouache gives. It seems to have more body than traditional watercolor, which I use for it's translucency. While this dried I chose from my collection of scraps the pieces of paper to lay under my frames to cover up the starting place of the paint runs. I cut and layered these before adding thm to the page. I then added the photos to the frames and added foam squares and dots to the underside to create height. I then added all the embellishments, the title and the journalling.

See you all again soon.

Love
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. This double is awesome.. those drips are fabulous.. great take on the challenge.. and thanks for joining in at 123 challenge blog this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job Michelle! Your background looks so effective with the drips of colours and I love a good timeline layout! I hope you'll join us at 123 again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete